It's our mission to prepare buyers for the pathway to homeownership and we're dedicated to providing appropriate education to each client we work with. To get you started, here's a list of what you can expect during each of the following real estate milestones. Have additional questions about a specific step along the pathway? Just give us a call.
Determining Your Cost of Ownership
- Establish your available down payment amount.
- Obtain a rough estimate of your monthly mortgage payment.
- Educate yourself on your interest rate and loan term options.
- Compile the appropriate financial documents according to your mortgage broker's list of needed files.
Getting Your Pre-Approval
- Work with your mortgage broker to get pre-approved and give a copy of your pre-approval letter to your realtor to have on file for submission with offers.
- Continue the mortgage application process as instructed by your mortgage broker.
Finding the Right Home
- Choose a real estate professional and sign a Buyer/Broker Agreement together.
- Begin exploring and researching local neighborhoods and schools (if applicable). If you're relocating, be sure to conduct a cost-of-living comparison.
- Put together a WANTS and NEEDS list for your home. "Wants" should be features that you'd like to have while "Needs" should be features you must have. Prioritize each list from most important to least important.
- Begin previewing properties.
- Make an offer and negotiate price and terms.
- Conduct a professional home inspection and negotiate a repair addendum as needed.
Closing on Your Home
- Remove all contract contingencies (if you're not familiar with what this means, we'd be happy to fill you in).
- Work with your mortgage broker to fund your home loan.
- Sign closing papers.
- Get your new keys.
- MOVE IN AND CELEBRATE!